4 places to dine in an igloo in Charlotte
“Igloos” are one of those innovations of the pandemic era that have become seasonal rendezvous in some of our favorite places.
Goodyear House has six igloos. Each can accommodate up to 6 people, including room for a top or stroller.
Details: There is a two hour time limit per igloo.
- Time slots vary, with others available on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- The staff disinfect between each visit and it is possible to keep the igloo door open on the hottest days.
Price: A $ 25 fee will be added to your bill, which will go to their charity Goodyear Donner.
- Last year they raised enough money to be able to send staff to Nicaragua to help build a school.
To book in a Goodyear House igloo, go to Open Table.
Igloos are available on the roof of the JW Marriott in Uptown until the end of February.
Details: Each can accommodate up to eight people.
- There is a two hour delay per reservation.
- The igloos are disinfected with a peroxide spray and aired 15 minutes between each reservation.
Price: $ 10 per person and a minimum of $ 350 for food and drinks. A 20% tip will be added to your bill at the end.
Reservations can be made on Open Table.
These are larger, more sophisticated igloos and are only available by reservation. They will be open until March 30.
Details: There are two igloos here; each can accommodate up to 12 people.
- Both are unique and decorated by local designers: one is bohemian themed, the other has a sleek and modern feel.
- Each has a small heater inside, which is enough to keep everyone warm.
- The igloos are disinfected between each use.
Price: $ 750 to $ 850, which includes minimum food and drink and rental fees.
- Your reservation total will also include a 25% tip fee for your server and taxes, totaling just over $ 1,100.
You can book any of the Merchant & Trade igloos online.
Go further: Igloos are back on the Merchant & Trade rooftop
1501 Southern Currency
The igloo will be available all winter and the first part of spring.
Details: It comfortably fits six people.
- The deadline depends on the day of the reservation.
- You can eat, drink, smoke cigars and hookah inside the igloo.
- 1501 South Mint is open Tuesday through Thursday 4 p.m. to 11 p.m., Friday 4 p.m. to 1 a.m., Saturday 1 p.m. to 1 a.m. and Sunday 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Each igloo is disinfected between uses and cleaned every morning by a professional cleaning team.
Price: There is a minimum of $ 500 in expenses. Send them a DM on Instagram to book a reservation, or email [email protected]