A dog rescued from a fire in the canton of Hamburg

Mika, a German Shepherd, was rescued after being trapped in a house fire.

Department of Public Security of the Canton of Hamburg


(CBS DETROIT) – A dog was recently rescued after being trapped in a burning house in the canton of Hamburg.

The incident happened around 1.22am on November 9 at a ranch-style house on Teahen Road, near Cowell Road.

The Hamburg canton public security department said when staff arrived they found the house on fire with flames coming through the roof. The sole occupant of the house at the time, a 57-year-old woman, sat in the driveway and told them her dog was inside the house.

When firefighters entered the house, they found the German Shepherd, Mika, lying unresponsive on the floor.

Mika was removed from the home and firefighters administered oxygen to the dog using a canine oxygen mask.

Officials say Mika has responded to help and is expected to make a full recovery.

The woman was taken to a local hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation and minor burns. She is in stable condition.

The fire caused heavy damage to the house, but firefighters contained the fire to the area of ​​the master bedroom and the attic above.

Brighton Area Fire Authority, Green Oak Township Fire Department, Livingston County EMS and Livingston County DART also responded to the incident.

Comments are closed.