Dog rescued from Citrus Springs house fire; no other injuries reported | Local News

Citrus County Firefighters rescued a dog from a fire in Citrus Springs.

No other injuries were reported in the morning fire Thursday, June 23 off North Glenridge Circle, according to Citrus County Fire Rescue (CCFR).









Get more of the Citrus County Chronicle

CCFR crews responded to the fire at 8:22 a.m. and arrived to find smoke coming from the roof and front door of a single family home.

Firefighters extinguished the flames before finding and rescuing a small dog hiding behind a sofa in the living room. CCFR members treated the dog with oxygen.







Citrus Springs June 23 House fire Secondary

Members of Citrus County Fire Rescue use oxygen to treat a small dog rescued the morning of Thursday, June 23 from a fire in Citrus Springs.




The other occupants of the house have already been evacuated.

CCFR units at Pine Ridge, Connell Heights, Kensington, Citrus Springs and Hernando stations brought the fire under control by 8:44 a.m.

According to CCFR, the fire started in the kitchen after the owner used the microwave earlier in the morning, and it was determined to be accidental in nature.

Comments are closed.