Dog rescued from Citrus Springs house fire; no other injuries reported | Local News
Citrus County Firefighters rescued a dog from a fire in Citrus Springs.
No other injuries were reported in the morning fire Thursday, June 23 off North Glenridge Circle, according to Citrus County Fire Rescue (CCFR).
CCFR crews responded to the fire at 8:22 a.m. and arrived to find smoke coming from the roof and front door of a single family home.
Firefighters extinguished the flames before finding and rescuing a small dog hiding behind a sofa in the living room. CCFR members treated the dog with oxygen.
The other occupants of the house have already been evacuated.
CCFR units at Pine Ridge, Connell Heights, Kensington, Citrus Springs and Hernando stations brought the fire under control by 8:44 a.m.
According to CCFR, the fire started in the kitchen after the owner used the microwave earlier in the morning, and it was determined to be accidental in nature.