Dryer Vent Fire Destroys Home | News, Sports, Jobs


No injuries were reported and several pets were rescued after a fire destroyed a home in the Gerry district on Sunday. The fire on Damon Hill Road was reported around 1:35 p.m. Firefighters from Gerry, Sinclairville, Falconer, Ellery Center, Ellington, Fluvanna, Frewsburg and Cassadaga responded. In a Facebook post, the Gerry Fire Department said three cats and two lizards were removed from the home; cats received oxygen using donated pet masks. All the animals were then reunited with the family. The fire, as a result of an investigation by the county fire investigation team, originated in a clothes dryer vent. According to the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office, the American Red Cross was helping the family. EMS County, Sheriff’s Deputies and New York State Troopers also assisted on Sunday. Photo taken by Gerry Fire Department

No injuries were reported and several pets were rescued after a fire destroyed a home in the Gerry district on Sunday. The fire on Damon Hill Road was reported around 1:35 p.m. Firefighters from Gerry, Sinclairville, Falconer, Ellery Center, Ellington, Fluvanna, Frewsburg and Cassadaga responded. In a Facebook post, the Gerry Fire Department said three cats and two lizards were removed from the home; cats received oxygen using donated pet masks. All the animals were then reunited with the family. The fire, as a result of an investigation by the county fire investigation team, originated in a clothes dryer vent. According to the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office, the American Red Cross was helping the family. EMS County, Sheriff’s Deputies and New York State Troopers also assisted on Sunday.

Photo taken by Gerry Fire Department



Today’s breaking news and more to your inbox







Comments are closed.