Winchester Mystery House ushers in the holiday season with a lineup of events
Winchester Mystery House ushers in the holiday season with an exciting lineup of events.
What is happening:
- Today, Winchester Mystery House announced the lineup of special events that will take place throughout the holiday season. Tickets for all events are available now at winchestermysteryhouse.com.
- Built in Victorian times, Sarah Winchester’s quirky home is a sight to behold any time of the year, but it’s especially inspiring during the holidays.
- From November 25, 2022 to January 1, 2023, Winchester Mystery House will present daily tours of the mansion specially designed for the holiday season.
- Guests will be treated to a dash of Victorian holiday traditions, beautiful decor, festive music, and more.
- Step back in time to a Victorian Christmas with the Holidays with the Historian tour.
- Led by Janan Boehme, Winchester Mystery Houses historian and expert in Victorian customs, this special tour of the mansion includes Victorian holiday traditions, Christmas carols and a special holiday treat in the Venetian Dining Room.
- Victorian dress is encouraged. Vacation with the Historian will take place on Saturday, December 3; Saturday, December 10; and Saturday, December 17 at 5:30 p.m.
- Fill those stockings with weirdness and pack something weird they won’t forget.
- On Saturday, December 3 and Sunday, December 4, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Winchester Mystery House will host the 4th Annual Menagerie Oddities and Curiosities Market.
- Nobody does the winter holidays, the occult and the oddities like the Victorians.
- With vendors selling oddly unique collectibles, antiques and handmade items – from insects, bones and taxidermy to dark art, medical and natural science specimens – the Menagerie Holiday Oddities & Curiosities Market is the San Francisco Bay Area’s official Oddities & Curiosities event.
- On site, guests are invited to take self-guided tours through the ghostly hallways of the Winchester Mystery House, as well as other family-friendly pre-market and post-market activities.
- Master magician and acclaimed apparitionist Aiden Sinclair (America’s got talent, Penn and Teller are fooling us) returns to Winchester Mystery House with Aiden Sinclair’s Ghost of Christmas Passed, an interactive evening of paranormal illusions.
- Once upon a timeChristmas was more than a celebration of giving.
- It was a time when families came together and when the night grew darkest, scary stories were told.
- Aiden Sinclair revives the tradition of Dickens in a haunting presentation that brings back the Christmas ghost stories of yesteryear to haunt the living!
- Do you dare to join us and see what dark gifts he has in store?
- This show is story-driven and aimed at a discerning audience.
- Children under 13 will not be admitted without express special permission from the interpreter.
- This production is presented in the Carriage House of the Winchester Mystery House. Performances are Thursday, December 29 and Friday, December 30 at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Tickets are $54.99.
- Winchester Mystery House is an official drop off location for Toys For Tots. All guests who bring a new, unwrapped toy for a donation will receive 15% box office off all visits. Donations will be accepted November 25-23, 2022.
What they say :
- “Holidays are a very special time at Winchester Mystery House,” said general manager Walter Magnuson. “A lot of people don’t realize that during Sarah Winchester’s lifetime, the scariest day of the year was actually Christmas Eve. Families and neighbors would gather around the fire in story circles filled with shade to hear tales of ghosts and the supernatural.We hope our guests will take a visit to the Winchester Mystery House as part of their holiday tradition.
- “The Menagerie Oddities Market is thrilled to bring our market to San Jose and the Winchester Mystery House for the first time,” said Connstance Garcia, co-owner of the Menagerie Oddities Market. “The quirky beauty of the Winchester estate is a perfect match for our event, making it one of the most eerie and unique shopping experiences of the season.”